Orphazyme is committed to ensuring transparent and good corporate governance. As a Danish company listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen, Orphazyme is subject to the Danish Recommendations on Corporate Governance. The Recommendations on Corporate Governance are best practice guidelines for the management of companies admitted to trading on a regulated market.
Orphazyme intends to comply with the Recommendations on Corporate Governance in all material respects, however, given Orphazyme’s current situation and focus, the Company has opted to deviate from the recommendations in the following areas:
- Orphazyme has decided to only publish annual reports and half-yearly financial reports;
- the Company has not adopted a corporate social responsibility policy;
- the Company has not adopted a tax policy;
- the annual report does not include information on inpidual board members’ participation in board meetings and committee meetings;
- the annual report does not include information on the board committee’s most significant activities and number of board committee meetings held in the past year;
- the general conclusion of the latest evaluation of the Board of Directors is not described in the annual report, but is accounted for by the Chairman at the annual general meeting and
- share-based remuneration is offered to the Board of Directors and has a maturity of one year from the date of allocation.
Orphazyme’s corporate governance statement includes a summary of the Company’s governance structure, a description of internal control and financial reporting procedures, Orphazyme’s position on the Recommendation on Corporate Governance as well as a complete list of the Company’s comments to recommendations that the Company opted to deviate from.
The corporate governance statement and other key documents are available here.